Frontend Developer / Designer
dxw digital is helping public sector teams to make good technology decisions and build better services.
We're looking for permanent developer / designers to join our team at dxw, building software and services for the public sector. We also encourage applications from people looking for flexible working arrangements.
This is a hands-on, design and build role. As a member of the dxw team, you'll be developing web applications and services in multidisciplinary project teams. You'll work alongside user researchers, developers and content designers from dxw and often product owners from our clients.
We work in an agile way and hope to inspire our clients with our practices. You'll sit with clients as a team when writing and prioritising work, and at times co-locate to clients offices to build the products.
We use extensive code-reviewing through pull-requests to communicate and to share skills and knowledge.
- have strong HTML and SCSS/CSS development
- are proficient (2-3 years' experience) in some of the other technologies and practices we use and happy to learn about the others.
- are comfortable in a highly collaborative and communicative workplace.
- are keen to share skills and knowledge of agile development practices.
- enjoy writing high-quality software collaboratively
- already are a keen practitioner of secure coding practices (though all developers receive security training).
- care about helping the public sector build better services.
Salary & terms
From £45,000-£55,000, depending on experience.
Details of our Benefits & Perks can be found at the bottom of the dxw Jobs page.
Our public sector work means that appointments will be made subject to a background check.
AApply online with your cv, examples of design and code, and a short cover letter on why you’re interested in the role and dxw at http://dxw.workable.com/.
For more information about dxw, visit www.dxw.com or our Playbook where we document the ways we work, our values and our commitments to sustainable pace and openness.