As an ethical hacker at dxw cyber, you’ll spend your time on security research and testing. You’ll look for and exploit vulnerabilities in our clients’ software and networks, reporting on your findings and advising on mitigation.
You’ll spend about two thirds of your time on penetration testing for our clients. The rest will be spent assisting clients with mitigations and helping their teams to learn, independent security research, working to improve dxw cyber’s tools, process and approach and on your professional development.
Skills, personal qualities and experience
You will be:
- A certified Tiger or Crest team member, with at least 1 year of commercial experience (Tiger Qualified/CTM or Crest Registered Tester)
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of basic security principles, such as vulnerability types and impacts, basic mitigations and impact assessment approaches (eg CVSS)
- Able to find, exploit and clearly explain common vulnerabilities in bespoke applications
As well as:
- A lateral thinker, able to approach a problem from a variety of perspectives
- Tenacious, patient and able to persevere in the face of challenging problems
- Familiar with several languages, able to recognise common bad patterns and to write original attack code
- Familiar with basic internet protocols, tools and technologies
Salary: £65,000-85,000 dependent on experience
Apply online with your cv and a short cover letter on why you’re interested in the role via the form below.
Appointment is subject to a successful background check. Applicants must be willing to undergo government clearance to SC if they are successful.
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension with up to 5% contribution matching
- 12 weeks' paid maternity, 3 weeks' paid paternity & shared parental leave option
- Eye Care Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loans