dxw cyber helps technology teams to build and operate digital services securely.
We're looking for a senior hacker to join our team, to both lead on projects and carry out testing on behalf of dxw cyber. If you’re looking for a growing organisation where you have the autonomy and flexibility to make decisions and use your experience to solve interesting client challenges, please read on.
As a senior hacker at dxw cyber, you’ll spend your time conducting and supervising security testing and client consulting. You’ll look for and exploit vulnerabilities in our clients’ software and networks, reporting on your findings and advising on mitigation. You’ll be expected to be able to find complex and novel vulnerabilities, in both our clients’ software and their processes. You’ll be a senior member of the team, responsible for carrying out and sharing security research, coaching junior staff, supervising our work and ensuring that testing objectives are achieved.
You’ll spend most of your time working with clients, doing penetration testing or attack simulations, giving mitigation advice and helping their teams learn. You’ll also coach and mentor our test teams. The rest of your time will be spent on independent security research, working to improve dxw cyber’s tools, process and approach, and on your professional development.
Skills, personal qualities and experience
- are a certified Tiger or Crest team leader/senior, with at least 5 years’ of commercial experience (Tiger Senior/CTL or Crest Certified Web Application Tester)
- are able to demonstrate a thorough and deep understanding of web application or network security principles
- you have experience of several programming languages and can critique others’ code
- enjoy finding, exploiting and clearly explaining vulnerabilities in bespoke applications, including where they are novel or complex, or where multiple vulnerabilities must be exploited in sequence to achieve a testing goal
- consult with clients to provide guidance to improve their systems and encourage consideration of security infrastructure and further development
- coach and mentor less experienced team members in an open, collegiate and trusting environment
You are also:
- A lateral thinker, able to approach a problem from a variety of perspectives
- Tenacious, patient and able to persevere in the face of challenging problems
- Familiar with and able to read code in a variety of programming languages
- Familiar with basic internet protocols, tools and technologies
What’s in it for you?
- You won’t be bored! You will have a diverse and varied range of interesting projects to challenge you, whilst benefiting from and adding to the experience of an expert and supportive team
- You’ll be part of a team who actually help their clients, the ones who care about security, improve their security position
- You’ll spend at least 3 weeks, if not months, working on an engagement so really get the chance to make things better
- You’ll be changing the way the world works by digitally disrupting the cyber security industry
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension with up to 5% contribution matching
- 12 weeks' paid maternity, 3 weeks' paid paternity & shared parental leave option
- Eye Care Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loans
Salary: £80,000-110,000 dependent on experience
Apply online with your cv and a short cover letter on why you’re interested in the role and dxw cyber - https://dxw.workable.com/jobs/919351/candidates/ne...
Appointment is subject to a successful background check. Applicants must be willing to undergo government clearance to SC if they are successful.
For more information about dxw cyber, visit www.dxwcyber.com