dxw is helping public sector teams to make good technology decisions and build better services.
We’re looking for a permanent, full-time service designer to join our team.The role
As a service designer, you will be responsible for the design of end-to-end services for both our clients and dxw.
You will help dxw clients to better understand and define their portfolio of services. As our clients transform into more service-oriented organisations, you will help them develop the capabilities and ways of working they need.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will work with product managers, user researchers, technical architects, business analysts and others to define, build and improve services. You will be part of design activities - leading design sprints, facilitating workshops, giving and receiving design critiques. You will also create a variety of models, maps and other visualisations of services to engage and build consensus with colleagues and stakeholders.
Service designers at dxw also contribute to marketing activities, sales bids and proposals, and broader business development and capability building.You:
- can work with empathy and resilience as part of a multi-disciplinary, agile team
- understand the need to design public services that work well for all kinds of users, across all the channels and support options they need, and the devices and assistive technologies they use
- enjoy building effective relationships with all kinds of stakeholders to understand desired and acceptable outcomes, and constructively challenge assumptions and blockers
- know how to engage broadly, not just with users, but with the organisations and communities affected by a service to ensure it is accepted and adopted
- have experience of planning, gathering and synthesising research findings and performance data, with process, policy, legal, technology and organisation constraints and opportunities, across end-to-end services
- can combine evidence and experience to create ideas and make good design decisions
- can create service prototypes at appropriate fidelity (paper, visual and physical mockups, code) to support experiments and tests
£50,000 - £65,000 dependent on experience.
This role will be based at our London office, but some travel to the other office and client sites will be expected within the UK.
Details of our Benefits & Perks can be found at the bottom of the dxw Jobs page.
Our public sector work means that appointments will be made subject to a background check.
Apply online with your cv and a short cover letter on why you’re interested in the role and dxw at http://dxw.workable.com/.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!