Senior Ethical Hacker
As a senior ethical hacker at dxw cyber, you’ll spend your time conducting and supervising security research and testing. You’ll look for and exploit vulnerabilities in our clients’ software and networks, reporting on your findings and advising on mitigation. You’ll be expected to be able to find complex and novel vulnerabilities, in both our clients’ software and their processes. You’ll be a senior member of the team, responsible for coaching junior staff, supervising our work and ensuring that testing objectives are achieved.
You’ll spend most of your time working with clients, doing penetration testing, giving mitigation advice and helping their teams learn, as well as coaching and mentoring our test teams, helping them to improve. The rest of your time will be spent on independent security research, working to improve dxw cyber’s tools, process and approach and on your professional development.
Skills, personal qualities and experience
You will be:
- A certified Tiger or Crest team leader/senior, with at least 5 years’ of commercial experience (Tiger Senior/CTL or Crest Certified Web Application Tester)
- Able to demonstrate a thorough and deep understanding of web application or network security principles
- Able to find, exploit and clearly explain vulnerabilities in bespoke applications, including where they are novel or complex, or where multiple vulnerabilities must be exploited in sequence to achieve a testing goal
- Able to consult with clients to provide guidance to improve their systems and encourage consideration of security infrastructure and further development
- Able to coach and mentor less experienced team members in an open, collegiate and trusting environment
As well as:
- A lateral thinker, able to approach a problem from a variety of perspectives
- Tenacious, patient and able to persevere in the face of challenging problems
- Familiar with and able to read code in a variety of programming languages
- Familiar with basic internet protocols, tools and technologies
Salary: £80,000-110,000 dependent on experience
Apply online with your cv and a short cover letter on why you’re interested in the role via the form below.
Appointment is subject to a successful background check. Applicants must be willing to undergo government clearance to SC if they are successful.
For more information about dxw cyber, visit www.dxwcyber.com.
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension with up to 5% contribution matching
- 12 weeks' paid maternity, 3 weeks' paid paternity & shared parental leave option
- Eye Care Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loans